About The Course
Full blown, unit based, student-paced mastery learning is transformative! But it can also be intimidating. The one thing that none of us want to happen is for educators to consider mastery learning and stop before they even start.
That is where this course comes in.
Bite-Sized Mastery is an approach to smaller scale mastery learning that you can implement in a single class period or over a couple days. It is a stepping stone that will help you understand how mastery learning works, how you can plan for it, and how to make it AWESOME without needing to plan a full length unit right away. Think of it as your bridge from where you are now to where you want to be!
DURING THIS COURSE YOU WILL DISCOVER HOW TO START USING MASTERY LEARNING IN YOUR CLASSROOM BY:
- Understanding mastery learning
- Breaking down standards into DOK targets
- Designing high quality, engaging, and effective initial instruction
- Timing instruction, assessment, and learning opportunities for maximum effectiveness
- Creating multiple versions of formative assessments aligned to DOK targets
- Designing tiered learning opportunities for students based on formative assessment results
- Planning for and organizing the learning process in a bite-sized mastery lesson
- Understanding and preventing the common pitfalls in mastery learning
THIS COURSE INCLUDES:
- 33 video modules
- Resources and reference for further investigation
- 2 Hours of Development and Work that Comply with The Ohio Department of Education Gifted Competencies
- Official Certificate of Completion
- Digital Reward Badge for showing off your awesomeness
- Ongoing support from the creator of the course: Tiffany Ott
Tiffany Ott is a gifted intervention specialist in Cleveland, Ohio, and is also the Director of Curriculum Development with Progressive Mastery Learning (www.thegridmethod.com)
As an eight year veteran classroom teacher, she discovered a passion for meaningful technology integration in classrooms and began her Master's Degree in Instructional Technology through Kent State University.
Now, she is combining her love of great ed tech, with a mastery learning approach that is transforming her classroom, her teaching, and her students' learning.
Follow Tiffany on Twitter: @techieteachott
StartTopic 1.1- Introduction to Mastery Learning (Part 1) (4:40)
StartTopic 1.1- Introduction to Mastery Learning (Part 2) (4:23)
StartTopic 1.1- Introduction to Mastery Learning (Part 3) (3:32)
StartTopic 1.2- Bite-Size Mastery (Part 1) (2:11)
StartTopic 1.2- Bite-Size Mastery (Part 2) (3:12)
StartTopic 1.3- Next Steps (3:41)
StartTopic 2.1- Standards and Targets (Part 1) (4:13)
StartTopic 2.1- Standards and Targets (Part 2- DOK) (5:41)
StartTopic 2.1- Standards and Targets (Part 3) (3:11)
StartTopic 2.2- Initial Instruction (4:44)
StartTopic 2.3 Engaging Delivery (Part 1) (4:18)
StartTopic 2.3- Engaging Delivery (Part 2) (3:03)
StartTopic 2.3- Engaging Delivery (Part 3) (3:11)
StartTopic 2.3- Engaging Delivery (Part 4 ) (3:21)