Getting Your Feet Wet With Standards-Based Grading
Understanding the Nuances of SBG.
ABOUT THE COURSE
It’s time to talk shop and get our feet wet! Take the first step and explore Standards-Based Grading. In this course, you will learn the who, what, where, when and why for SBG including how the system may look in the classroom and easy tools to support the explanation of SBG to students.
Stop focusing on task completion and begin your journey to the deep end filled with deeper learning!
DURING THIS COURSE YOU WILL DISCOVER THE DEVELOPMENT AND PURPOSE OF A STANDARDS-BASED GRADING MINDSET BY :
- Discussing the history of Grading
- Exploring the Who, What, Where, When, and Why
- Navigating the 4 pillars of Standards-Based Grading
- Breaking down the Scale
- Discovering a Scores Meaning
- Challenging the Norm - Why Change?
- Combatting Common Concerns
- Call to Action
THIS COURSE INCLUDES:
- 14 video modules
- Resources and reference for further investigation
- Official Certificate of Completion
- Digital Reward Badge for showing off your awesomeness
- Ongoing support from the creator of the course: Rae Hughart
Rae Hughart is a Middle Level Math Educator in Illinois, creator of the Teach Further Model, Co-Author of "Teach Better" and the Director of Training & Development for the Teach Better Team. In 2017, Rae was honored with the Illinois State University Outstanding Young Alumni Award – inducting her into the University Hall of Fame. In 2018, Rae was awarded the Henry Ford Teacher Innovation Award for the work with the Teach Further Model. Rae conducts training on a variety of topics including the Teach Better Mindset, Dynamic Lesson Planning, Standards-Based Grading, and Personalized Learning.
Follow Rae on twitter @RaeHughart
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
Course Graphic via Marvin Meyer in Unsplash