Getting Your Feet Wet With Standards-Based Grading
Understanding the Nuances of SBG.
ABOUT THE COURSE
It’s time to talk shop and get our feet wet! Take the first step and explore Standards-Based Grading. In this course, you will learn the who, what, where, when and why for SBG including how the system may look in the classroom and easy tools to support the explanation of SBG to students.
Stop focusing on task completion and begin your journey to the deep end filled with deeper learning!
DURING THIS COURSE YOU WILL DISCOVER THE DEVELOPMENT AND PURPOSE OF A STANDARDS-BASED GRADING MINDSET BY :
- Discussing the history of Grading
- Exploring the Who, What, Where, When, and Why
- Navigating the 4 pillars of Standards-Based Grading
- Breaking down the Scale
- Discovering a Scores Meaning
- Challenging the Norm - Why Change?
- Combatting Common Concerns
- Call to Action
THIS COURSE INCLUDES:
- 14 video modules
- Resources and reference for further investigation
- Official Certificate of Completion
- Digital Reward Badge for showing off your awesomeness
- Ongoing support from the creator of the course: Rae Hughart
Rae Hughart is the CXO of the Teach Better Team, Executive Director of the Association of Middle-Grade Schools, TEDx Speaker, Educator, and author of “Teachers Deserve It” and “Teach Better” books.
Growing up with IEP support after being diagnosed SLD in Reading, Writing, and Math, Rae has worked with other educators and districts on designing mastery learning classrooms nationwide to reach all learners.
After being inducted into The Illinois State University Hall of Fame in 2017, Rae was awarded the 2018 First Place Henry Ford Teacher Innovator Award for her innovative educational impact through the Teach Further Model. In 2021, Rae Hughart presented on the TEDx stage challenging educators, students, and community members to consider progressive, data supported practices to further 21st century learners.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
Course Graphic via Marvin Meyer in Unsplash