Getting Your Feet Wet With Standards-Based Grading
Understanding the Nuances of SBG.
ABOUT THE COURSE
It’s time to talk shop and get our feet wet! Take the first step and explore Standards-Based Grading. In this course, you will learn the who, what, where, when and why for SBG including how the system may look in the classroom and easy tools to support the explanation of SBG to students.
Stop focusing on task completion and begin your journey to the deep end filled with deeper learning!
DURING THIS COURSE YOU WILL DISCOVER THE DEVELOPMENT AND PURPOSE OF A STANDARDS-BASED GRADING MINDSET BY :
- Discussing the history of Grading
- Exploring the Who, What, Where, When, and Why
- Navigating the 4 pillars of Standards-Based Grading
- Breaking down the Scale
- Discovering a Scores Meaning
- Challenging the Norm - Why Change?
- Combatting Common Concerns
- Call to Action
THIS COURSE INCLUDES:
- 14 video modules
- Resources and reference for further investigation
- Official Certificate of Completion
- Digital Reward Badge for showing off your awesomeness
- Ongoing support from the creator of the course: Rae Hughart
Rae Hughart is a Middle Level Math and Writing Educator in Illinois and the Director of Training and Development for Progressive Mastery Learning. Over the past few years, Rae has used the 3C's of the Teach Further Unit Design - Curriculum, Creativity, and Connections - to transform classrooms across the Midwest. Through the development of rigorous content, career themed units, and building strong community support, Rae works with teachers to lead an out-of-the-box classroom utilizing the mock internship design.
In 2017, Rae was honored with the Illinois State University Outstanding Young Alumni Award - inducting her into the University Hall of Fame.
Follow Rae on twitter @RaeHughart